Saturday, November 1, 2008

Anyone Ever Resort To Answering the "Random Question"?

I did.




The Random Question:

Your people want to make a statue in your honor. What will it be made out of, and what will it commemorate? (Please keep in mind this 'question' took about 8 tries to get. I seriously DETER all onlookers from tackling a random question. I did, and had to alter my profile FIVE times just to get my darned answer to fit...).




The Mo-sey Answer:
A Hawk. I love watching Hawks. Right now it is migration period here in Pennsylvania, and I keep intending to take a solo ride up to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, and hike up to the Lookout to envelope myself in serenity, peace and hope, as i watch the Hawks flyyyyyy on over me....Beings the family pass is $40 and I have 4 kids, one would think I should have made it up there BY NOW but that just is my self-directed anger talking. Buuut...other day I saw about 100 Hawks flying right over my house. I had never paid attention to catch so many flying together. Some flew with a mission; others took time to circle around their little hawk-eyed determined circles, swooping and enjoying. higher, and lower. Another time, as I was walking for like 2 hours, in my own head trying to process through stuff, and de-stress my mind and body (the ongoing quest in my life), I spotted an ant in the sky. Oh, no...wait..it was a Hawk. So, being all egocentric and all, I imagined that it certainly COULD be a momentarily possibility that I was the only human who actually saw that ant-size of a Hawk. I mean, I was squinting, HARD. it hurt my eyeballs. It hurt my neck too. It also made me feel kinda freaky that I was making my antsized Hawk observation all about ME....BUT I thought how awesome for God to show me that Hawk that day...just for me. as a gift. to let me know He regards me as special and sometimes, maybe just a few times in life, maybe more, He sets aside something He has created, just for my momentary pleasure or lesson. just for me.
I liken myself to the hawk in that I, too, am often on a purposeful mission. But lately, mostly, I find myself just circling, enjoying. going higher. going lower. and often going alone. because its fun. because its free. missions in life; my purposefulness is often ....thwarted anyway. i no longer feel guilt or shame for simply circling....i can do this alone, or with other hawks....but i know when i need to be with them, and when i am ok alone. and all without fear.



PS....Hawks are really coooool. I highly recommend watching a Hawk today. :)

No comments: