Monday, February 23, 2009

Is experience truth?

Is it?

I believe that indeed, it is a component of truth. In the last few years, I have been on a journey, and have made several observations....many including the fact that my old love of fundamentalism, does not give much room for life experience. It is not often allowed to be encompassed in Absolute Truth.

This doesnt really jive with life. Not my life anyway. Life experience *is* reality. It *is* happening. You live, you learn. You go through problems and issues your whole life long. My experience, being a daughter of a creator.....is a huge deal. If my life up until Ive lived in today has no basis in truth, then what is it? What was the point?

I think there is a lot of fear, that if 'experience' is made to count toward TRUTH, that somehow we will let TRUTH be rewritten. Or watered down. Contaminated.

I feel the opposite. I think when experience is eliminated completely from truth...it is no longer alive. God chose to reveal the truth, today, through people. People, who live lives. People who have personalities. People who have quirks. Sicknesses. Trials. Devastations. Idiosyncrasies. People of differing cultural, behavioral, and familial backround. Diversity.

I am not elevating experience to truth. I am merely musing that experience, the human experience, the manifestation of truth being expressed and lived out through human beings, matters. To completely separate any experience from truth, makes truth now false.

This is only my opinion....always re-thinking things and reorganizing my boundaries on these subjects; ever growing ....

No comments: